First you must decide which certification you want to work towards.DVIDA offers Professional Examinations in American Style Rhythm & Smooth, International Style Standard & Latin, Argentine Tango, Nightclub Two-Step, Salsa and Hustle. It’s important to sit down and create a realistic timeline. Make sure you are studying from the current DVIDA Manual. Most importantly, have fun!
Additional Certification Resources
The Junior Associate exam is not required as a prerequisite for the Associate Bronze.
Even if you are an experienced dancer, you cannot skip the Associate exam. Exams must be taken in sequential order.
No. You will be required to submit proof of prior certification papers (showing scores) with an NDCA recognized member organization as well as dance all of the figures, as Leader and Follower, in the level or levels you have been previously certified in. See Recertification under the Info/Exams section.
Please email Wayne Eng at email@example.com.
First you must complete your teaching exams with a NDCA recognized member organizations. (ex. DVIDA) Click here for the preparation packet. Then you would applied for a Championship Adjudicator’s License with the NDCA and your submitted exam papers have been approved by the NDCA Credential and Examination Board CEB). For assistance you may contact the CEB chairman Diana McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 276-1170.
Please contact Christopher Sochnacki with the Canadian Dancesport Federation at email@example.com. The CDF has adopted the DVIDA American Style Syllabus as its official Syllabi.
The DVIDA APP
You subscribe through the app. You will be billed automatically each month (about every 30 days) until you cancel. Once you sign up, cancellations take effect starting at the end of your current billing period, meaning there are no partial month refunds or credits. If you decide to cancel, you do that through iTunes & App Store or Google Play Store.
The mobile app is connected to your account, so as long as the other device is the same operating system (iPad & iPhone) you can use it on both devices. If they are different you will need to purchase the app again.
The mobile app is a completely different service.
This is a mobile app, therefore it can only be used on mobile devices such as a tablet or Smartphone.
1. Check the mute button & volume
2. Make sure the sounds are not locked
3. Clear all of your apps
4. Delete the app and restart your device
Subscription with iOS
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap on iTunes & App Store.
3. Tap on your Apple ID at the top.
4. Choose View Apple ID from the popup menu.
5. Enter your password when prompted and tap on OK.
6. Tap on Manage under Subscriptions.
7. Tap on the name of the subscription you'd like to cancel or modify.
8. Turn the Auto-Renewal option to Off.
Cancel Google Play Subscription
1. Launch the Google Play Store.
2. Tap Menu -> My Apps -> Subscriptions. Note that expired subscriptions will not appear on this menu.
3. Select DVIDA to view additional information about the subscription, including the expiration or renewal date.
4. From this screen, you can change your payment method for your DVIDA subscription or cancel your subscription.*
**Keep in mind that uninstalling the app will not automatically stop your subscription. In order to avoid future charges, you must cancel the subscription using the process above.